Frequently Asked Questions
As a company that is committed to sustainability, all of our shipped products are carbon neutral and shipped in a cotton bag and a 100% Compostable-Zero Waste mailing bag to avoid single use plastics.
We work with "La Poste" for both our domestic and international shipping options.
French Polynesia Shipping:
- Receive FREE Standard Shipping across all French Polynesian islands. FREE Standard Shipping takes approximately 2-15 business days depending on your location. For more information, visit opt.pf
- We can also arrange a shipping with the Air Tahiti Fret Service. The product will have to be picked-up at the Air Tahiti fret counter of your island.
- Priority Shipping to USA, Europe, and the rest of the world is free (and always will) and should take 10-20 business days1.
All internationnal shipping options are trackable and your tracking number will be sent to your email inbox once your order is dispatched2/3. (Don't forget to check your "Promotion" or "Spam" inbox)
Disclaimer: Once your order is with the carrier, Nina Swim does not accept any responsibility for the loss or damage of products. Delivery times are not guaranteed and should only be taken as a guide.
1 As all our products are shipped from Tahiti, this delay is explained by the limited number of flights departing the island. We do our best with the means we have to reduce this delay as much as possible. We thank you for your understanding.
2 Your order will be dispatched in 1-2 business days after purchase. You will receive an email with a tracking number once the order is dispatched.
3 Orders placed on a Friday after 11am PST and over the weekend will not be processed until the following Monday. We operate from Monday to Friday and are closed during all major public holidays.
You can select your preferred payment method at checkout.
- We accept secure payments from both local and international customers via Credit/Debits cards (VISA / Master Card) and Apple Pay.
- You can also come and try your bikini in store at "La Bounty by Vaima Perles Store" located in the Vaima Center in front of the Nike store. They are open Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 5PM and on Saturdays from 9 AM to 3 PM. They accept both cash and card payments.
For international shipping, the customer agrees to pay all taxes and customs duties that may be due when the package arrives in said country. Packages that must be processed through customs may take extra time. Nina Swim is not responsible for these additional costs.
- If you haven't received the tracking number by email yet, it means that we still have your swimwear with us. If you still wish to cancel your order, please Contact Us, and we will proceed with the refund.
- If however, your order is already with the carrier, then you'll need to send it back to us as a returned product. For more information about the return process, please check "Return and Refund Policy" dropdown in this FAQ.
We understand how difficult it can be to shop online, especially for swimwear, and we take extra care to ensure we represent our products as accurately as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you are unhappy with your purchase, Nina Swim allows return and refund as long as the below criteria are met:
- Returned within 30 days of receipt of your shipment
- Products are in original condition, with all tags in place, and in original packaging
- Items are clean and unwashed
- Hygiene sticker (for bottoms) has not been removed
Return postage is at the cost of the customer unless items received were faulty.
*Items that are on sale are not eligible for returns or exchanges.*
How do I return an item?
In the unfortunate event that you do need to return an item, please simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order details and reason for return. Someone from our team will be in contact with you within 2 business days.
What if I want an exchange?
Provided there is availability at time of request, you can exchange your item for a new size, color or style as long as the above criteria are met.
Note that if you exchange items that are of different value, you will be required to pay the difference before shipment, or if the amount is less, you will be credited the difference to your original credit card or payment method.
When will my money be returned ?
As soon as we receive the product, and check that all the above criteria are met, the funds will be credited to your original credit card or payment method. You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer's policies.
It's no secret that chlorine and the sun can be a damaging combination, and this is especially true when it comes to the effects it has on your swimwear.
There are a few things you can do to prolong the longevity of your fav' bikinis and suits.
- Avoid Harsh Detergents
Just as the harsh chemicals in laundry detergents can be damaging to your skin and health, they can also destroy your bikinis and swimsuits. The chemicals in some detergents can eat away at the fabric, which will eventually break down the shape and elasticity of the swimwear. We recommend using a gentle soap or swimwear cleaner when washing your swimwear to avoid deterioration.
- Say No To Detergent Bleach
This almost goes without saying, but stay away from the use of detergent bleach or bleaching chemicals when washing and rinsing any swimwear.
- Hand Wash & Air Dry
The roughness of the inside of the washing machine, the intensity of the wash cycle and the heat from the dryer are not good for any swimwear. For the best results and a longer lifespan, we suggest hand washing and air-drying your swimwear on a flat surface to prevent stretching and discoloration.
- Avoid Sitting On Rough Surfaces
To reduce the chance of pilling — the tiny, fuzzy balls that appear on the surface of the garment — we advise you put a towel down before sitting on any rough or scratchy surfaces.
- Rinse The Suit In Cold Water
To help rid your bikini or suit of chlorine, rinse it in cold water after every use. We highly recommend doing this immediately after taking it off, even if you don't have the time to thoroughly wash it with soap. By rinsing out the salt water or chlorine-based chemicals from the pool, it will help to prolong the longevity, color and elasticity of your swimwear.
- Don't Forget About Your Wet Suit!
On your way home from the pool or the beach, utilize the Nina Swim cotton bag given with your swimwear. Then, take your bikini or swimsuit out to air it out and dry. There's nothing worse than getting home to a suit that smells of mildew from being bunched up in the bottom of your beach bag!
- Nina Swim's bikinis can be purchased online at www.ninaswimwear.com and we offer free worlwide shipping.
- You can also come and try your bikini in store at "La Bounty by Vaima Perles" located in the Vaima Center in front of the Nike store. They are open Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM and on Saturdays from 9 AM to 3 PM.